Secrets of a Sun King by Emma Carroll
Chapter 5 (part 2)
Secrets of a Sun King chapter 5 (part 2) - YouTube
Today I would like you to think about character feelings. Discuss or think about the following questions, the first set do not require you to use the text, so consider these before you listen to the chapter. For the second set you need use the text, so think about them as you listen and discuss or jot down ideas afterwards.
Before you listen:
- What do you think it would be like to be King or Queen? (Think about what rights and responsibilities you would have)
- Would you like to be King or Queen at your age? Why?
- How do you think being King or Queen today might be different from being King or Queen in ancient Egyptian times?
- Would you prefer to be King or Queen today or in ancient Egyptian times? Why?
After you listen:
- How does Kiki (Tutankhamun) feel about being King? Does this surprise you?
- How do you know that he feels this way? (What clues are there? eg: things he says, does or how he acts.)
- Does Kiki get to do whatever he wants? How do you know? (Tip: think about what Lysnadra and Maya say about Kiki's godfather, Ay.)