Wednesday 24th February 2021
Complete the quick maths starter.
- Please work on Paper and show all your working out.
- Time yourself to see quickly and accurately you can get an answer.
- Mark your work by opening up the document below
DO NOT SPEND MORE THAN 10 MINUTES ON THIS ACTIVITY
Maths lesson part 1
WALT understand volume (counting cubes).
Recap facts from yesterday
Volume is the amount of space a 3D shape takes up.
- A cubic cm block takes up 1 cubic cm. This is written as 1 cm³.
- If the shape is made of cubic cm blocks, you can count the cubes to find the shape's volume.
- Another way is by using the formula: height × width × depth
By counting cubes, solve the following questions.
Check your answers as you go.
Maths step 2
- Today I would like everyone to watch the video and follow the instructions and activities. The video will take you through the activities step by step.
- Pause the video so you can give yourself enough time to work out each question.
- You will need to worksheet with you when you watch the video because you will answer some of the questions as you go.
Remember, volume is the amount of space something takes up.
For those of you who finish quickly or if you want to challenge yourself further, try to solve the problems below.