Today's PE lesson is taken from the William de Ferrers SSP website and mixes doing exercise with using your imagination to create a game. follow the instructions and see what you can come up with! Have fun!
INVENT A ‘SPORT’
- Look around your house and garden and find 5 pieces of ‘equipment’ you can use to create a new game- e.g.
- a rolled up pair of socks or a soft ball, or table tennis ball, or bean bag
- a skipping rope or a crack in your pavement
- a tennis racket or a light frying pan or your hand
- a basket, a plastic bowl, a plastic cup
Think about how you can create a new activity using those 5 pieces of ‘equipment’. Think about-
- What you could call it- make it catchy and exciting!
- How you could score it-keep the numbers 1-10 so we can add up quickly
- How could you make the game more challenging? E.g.
- Stand further away,
- use a different throwing technique,
- making the target smaller,
- using your other hand,
- closing one eye,
- setting yourself a time limit (pressure) and trying to achieve a number by then
- doing it at the same time as someone else
- doing it faster…..
For example, stand 4m away from a linen basket and aim your rolled up socks into it. Once successful 3 times, take one step backwards- can you still get 3/3? Then close one eye and try again.
- Can you draw these pieces of equipment for you and you colour them in?
- Can you video yourself and send to me?