To our wonderful Year 6 children at Maylandsea community Primary,
We have sent out two videos for you to keep via google drive. Please ask your parents to check their email.
The links will be deleted on 1st August, if you wish to keep a copy you will need to download and save a it prior to this date.
Please also be reminded that, due to our safeguarding policy, the video is for personal use and is not to be shared with others.
Take care, have a wonderful holiday and all the best for the future.
The Year Six teaching team xxx
Happy Monday Owl class!
So here we are at the last week of term. We have said goodbye to most of our year 6s last week and look forward to meeting our new classes this week. We hope you are excited about new beginnings too. I am also looking forward to the start of the summer holidays, as I'm sure are all of you.
As you know, school is often a little more relaxed in the last week of term, so home learning is also less intense this week. We have uploaded a list of activities that you can work your way through, or dip in and out of, depending on how much home learning you do this week. Please do keep up your daily reading and time tables practise.
I look forward to seeing lots of you at school this week when you visit your new teachers. Give me a smile and a wave!
Find your home learning work here each week.
During the school closures, children are requested to complete the following work daily.
- A maths challenge
- An English challenge
- 30 minutes of reading
- Times tables practice
- The maths and English tasks will be uploaded weekly.
- A grid of 5 topic challenges will be uploaded weekly - children can choose one of these to complete each day.
- Reading - we have attached a link to Bug Club where the children can access ebooks with questions to answer. We have also uploaded some questions for discussion and a personal reading log should the children wish to read their own books.
- We have attached a link to Times Tables Rockstars, where children can practise times tables.
- Children can read their own books independently and log their reading using the reading log attached, which encourages them to monitor and reflect on what they read.
- Or they could read Bug Club books independently as this gives interactive questions as they read.
- Or if they are reading with an adult there are some question ideas attached to encourage discussion and reflection on their reading.
Last week of term activities:
Find your home learning activities and the web links you need on Word document. You will find any resources you need attached below.