The curriculum at Maylandsea Primary School for Modern Foreign Languages aims to ensure that all children:
A high quality languages education should foster children’s curiosity and deepen their understanding of the world. At Maylandsea Primary School we are committed to ensuring that competence in another language enables children to interpret, create and exchange meaning within and across cultures. It also helps children develop skills that will open further opportunities later in life. The teaching of French in KS2 provides an appropriate balance of spoken and written language and lays the foundations for further foreign language teaching at KS3.
At Maylandsea Primary we aim to:
• Have fun and experience success in speaking a foreign language
• Have the opportunity to participate in MFL at their own level of development
• Secure and build on a range of skills
• Develop good linguistic and cultural attitudes
• Understand basic rules of language
• Experience positive language contexts
• Have a foundation to build on for lifelong and active use of other languages and leaving primary school as an inquisitive individual.