Welcome to our school website.
Mrs Clare James is our Headteacher
Our original school was built in 1877 and served the villages of Mayland, Althorne and Steeple. The school used to be located on the outskirts of the village, in a Victorian building which served local needs until 1990. As a result of an increasing school population, a new school was built in the centre of Mayland.
The unusual design of our school is based on the traditional features of an Essex malting, commonly found along the river Blackwater. An extension with two extra classes was added in 2008.
Our ethos, aims and values
We aim to maximise the full potential of each child and to nurture their spiritual, moral, social and cultural development.
We want our children to be happy, healthy and successful, to enjoy learning together and to understand the meaning and importance of upholding principles and values.
• Create a happy, safe and caring environment
• Value each child for his or her individual talents
• Help our children to learn about courtesy, good manners and consideration for others
• Promote positive relationships between pupils and adults
• Encourage children to wear their uniform with pride
• Prepare our pupils for the responsibilities and experiences of life in Britain and the wider world
Our School Values